There are tons of fantastic nutrition resources at the ChooseMyPlate website. Here we have updated the HealthMatters participant handout information for ChooseMyPlate. These handouts are for use in Lessons 6 and 15.
- For additional Lesson 6 handouts we also included some of the 10 tip pages from the MyPlate website. You can view all kinds of tip sheets at this link here and select your own tip sheets to use or even make up new lessons surrounding these tips and ideas for healthy eating.
Updated Lesson 6 Plan Adaptation: Week 6: Lesson Plan Adaptation
Updated Lesson 15 Handout: Putting Foods I Like to Eat on MyPlate
Biggest Loser Contest Winners
at Tri-Generations – Somerset
- Winner: Billy
- Lost 50 pounds in just 12 weeks!
- Staff Winner: Christy
- Lost 49.8 pounds!!
- As a group the staff and participants lost a total of 325 pounds overall
- 25 people were involved
More Good Things From
Tri-Generations – Somerset
- Another participant, Steven, used to only eat chicken nuggets and orange juice. Now he is trying new foods and has lost 25 pounds!
- Some individuals who normally would not get involved in anything have gotten really involved and excited about the program!
- Come rain or shine this group is dedicated to getting their exercise and makes the effort to enjoy their time walking outside! (pictured at right)
March Madness Ribbon Dancers
- To show support for the UK wildcats during March Madness basketball games, the HealthMatters group at Pioneer Services sponsored by A1 Case Management in Danville
- Participants are so excited and look forward to the HealthMatters program so much! They ask about it and talk about it all the time.